Thank you so much to Beckie for nominating me for this award. I always love these blogger awards because it is a fun way to engage with the blogging community. We read each others stories daily, but we rarely learn about the conversational facts that we would have if we were having coffee together. To other readers, I’m simply a stranger on a page. However, these awards help to break that foreign vibe!
I have been following Beckie for over a year now. Literally, since I started blogging! I love her content and want to share it with all of you. You can find her page here: https://beckiesmentalmess.blog/
The Sunshine Blogger Award… What is it?
“Does exactly what the name states:
Bringing a bit of sunshine into a bloggers life!
It’s a brilliant way to recognize fellow bloggers for being awesome. And also, provides us the opportunity to extend the honor, by nominating and awarding bloggers we love and follow.
Giving them a bit of exposure and motivation to keep blogging.
Now, who doesn’t need that?” – as Quoted from Rania With Chronic Illness
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
As with any successful strategy, the Sunshine Blogger Award has solid rules in place. These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
The rules are simple and straightforward!
Here are the 11 Questions I was asked:
- What was it that made you want to begin a blog? I began blogging because I wanted to spread awareness about vaginismus. I wanted to open up the door to this taboo topic and sweep away those dated ideas.
- When you are writing, do you listen to music? If yes, what kind of music? Sometimes…it really depends. When I’m needing to really concentrate on what I’m writing I cannot have ANY distractions. However, if I’m simply feeling emotional or letting my thoughts flow, I will listen to songs that highlight the emotions I’m feeling at the time.
- If you were able to come back as any animal, what would that animal be? I would want to come back as a cat. You are resourceful, stealthy and smart so you will very rarely get caught by bad things. Plus, you’re extremely independent, which sounds exactly like me.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is spreading awareness and seeing people respond to that. I also truly love the creativity of writing and just letting my mind wander when it needs to.
- If you were stuck wearing only one color, what color would that be? I would be okay with wearing black or grey. I’m super boring, but seriously, most of my clothes are that color anyways LOL
- If you only had one day left on this planet, what would be your last meal? Hot fudge sundae and stuffed crust pizza 🙂 I’m a very low maintenance kind of girl.
- Do you have a favorite author, and why is he/she, your favorite? My favorite author would have been Patrick Rothfuss, but he’s being a jerk and waiting AGES to put out the last book. At this rate he will probably die and we will never know what happens to Kvothe. I would probably say Juliet Marillier. She was the first one who really helped me to transition from reading teen novels to adult fiction.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Scotland or Ireland. Doesn’t matter. I am not picky.
- Is there a certain routine you do before you sit down to write? Normally, I grab a cup of coffee, check social media and, if it’s a nice day, open the door and window.
- Do you own a pet? If so, what kind? I do! He is a Corgi/Heeler and he is my precious handsome man!
- If you were to write for a TV show, what would it be about? I would write a show about a girl growing up with vaginismus. It would be all about her struggles, hardships, heartbreaks and the joys that she would learn in her coming of age story.
Here are the Bloggers in which I nominate for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Mental Health at Home
- Debatably Dateable
- Caffeinated Carly
- This Bipolar Brat
- Elsie LMC
- John Coyote
- The Glossy You
- Nicole Joan
- The Life of Lydia Lynn
- The Life of Angela
Here are the 11 Questions I seek answers from:
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with all of your extra time?
- If you could be any character in a TV show, movie or book, who would you be and why?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What would be your very first question if you woke up after being cryogenically frozen?
- Do you believe in the paranormal?
- What TV Channel doesn’t exist but should?
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
- What actor/actress would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
- If you could be famous for anything, what would you want to be famous for?